- Sun Oven® with recipes and instructions.
- Your oven ships direct to you from the factory
- We ship to the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico*
- Free Shipping within the Continental U.S.
- 30-day Money Back guarantee.
- Buy with Credit Card, Apple Pay, Google, or Bitcoin
The Sun Oven is the most versatile and easy to use solar cooker you can buy.
The Sun Oven can be used for baking, boiling, steaming, and even dehydrating food. It works equally well in all seasons, regardless of outside temperature. There is no flame or heating element, so your food will cook evenly and retain its natural moisture without burning. And, you can use any recipe that you would use in a kitchen oven.
It can be used easily as either an oven, reaching cooking temperatures of 350-400 degrees, or as a slow cooker /crockpot that you can place a meal into and then enjoy hours later with no in-between stirring or attention needed.
A solar oven will allow you to cook meals without gas, electricity, or other fuels, saving you money and helping the environment.
It is easily portable, folding down to the size of an airline carry-on bag, weighing only 22 lbs. You can easily take it along on camping trips, picnics, or cookouts.
The Sun Oven provides a way to cook food or boil water that does not need any source of fuel except sunlight. You can easily cook without flames or smoke, perfect for situations where an open flame is not advised, or where you do not want to produce any smoke. It is a perfect camp oven.
Many families have found a good solar cooker to be a preparedness item that pays for itself quickly, as once they have experienced the tasty, moist and tender results of cooking with it, they use it often, saving on the cost of fuel and of cooling a hot kitchen.
There are many plans online for building a solar oven. Most, if not all of them are not capable of reaching a cooking temperature above 220 degrees. Fine for soup, but not useful for baking bread or roasting a chicken. The Sun Oven easily reaches a temperature of 350 degrees and higher.
Homemade, or cheaper solar ovens do not have polished reflectors that funnel more sunlight into the cooking chamber. So, on partially cloudy days they are not usable. This oven needs only enough sunlight to cast a shadow in order to work.
Because it can be used on partly cloudy days, your oven can be used more often than other solar ovens, which spreads its cost over many more meals. It can be used as an oven for baking or roasting, or as a slow cooker.
Solar cooking can significantly reduce your kitchen carbon footprint while keeping your house cooler in the summer. ***Part of the proceeds from each Sun Oven sold is used to assist solar cooking in 3rd World Countries.***
|Sun Oven||Home Made |
|Bake a lof of bread|
or a pie
|Roast a Turkey||x|
|Make soup or boil water||x||x||x|
|Roast small items||x||x|
|Fry food in a skillet||x|
Cookware ordered without a Sun Oven will incur shipping charges.
Please see details on our Cookware page.
Shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico require a $64 shipping surcharge.
Shipments to Canada require an $84 surcharge.
What matters to a solar oven is: How much light can be funneled into the cooking chamber, and how well the cooking chamber is designed and insulated to retain the heat produced from the gathered light.
The solar cooking challenge during winter months is not so much from the cold air as it is from the shorter cooking days and lower angle of the suns rays striking the earth. This means that even though you can still easily reach an oven temperature of 350 degrees on a sunny January day, there is less margin for error and you need to be a bit more proactive.
Please refer to our "Winter Solar Oven Cooking" overview for more details and step by step helpful tips for winter cooking success.
Detailed Information About The American Sun Oven
- The American Sun Oven weighs 22lbs. Its dimensions are 19" wide x 19" deep; 14" high
in the back and 8" high in the front.
- The outer shell is made from rugged ABS plastic. The inner shell is made from anodized aluminum.
- The reflectors are made from highly polished anodized aluminum. They will never rust or corrode.
- The cooking chamber door is made from tempered glass.
- The bezel is made from kiln-dried poplar.
- The space between the cooking chamber and the outer layer is filled with thick, food-grade insulation.
- It will reach temperatures of 350-400 degrees in all seasons, as long as there is sunshine.
- It can be used with your regular recipes, as either an oven or a set-and-forget slow cooker.
- Temperatures in the oven rise slowly and evenly, allowing complex carbohydrates time to break
down into simple sugars, emanating subtle natural flavors.
- The even temperatures prevent burning, so you do not need to stir your food while it is cooking.