Your Sun Oven can be used for baking, boiling, steaming, and even dehydrating food. It works equally well in all seasons, regardless of outside temperature. There is no flame or heating element, so your food will cook evenly and retain its natural moisture without burning.
It can be used easily as either an oven, reaching cooking temperatures of 350-400 degrees, or as a slow cooker /crockpot that you can place a meal into and then enjoy hours later with no in-between stirring or attention needed.
Your oven will allow you to cook meals without gas, electricity, or other fuels, saving you money and helping the environment. It is easily portable, folding down to the size of an airline carry-on bag, weighing only 22 lbs. You can easily take it along on camping trips, picnics, or cookouts.
It is very difficult to argue against the wisdom of preparing our selves and our homes for a time of crisis. Whether it be a natural disaster, such as an earthquake, hurricane, or blizzard, or a man-made disaster, such as a terrorist attack, or civil unrest, prudent families are preparing for difficulties that may strike unexpectedly.
The Sun Oven provides a way to cook food or boil water that does not need any source of fuel except sunlight. You can easily cook without flames or smoke, perfect for situations where an open flame is not advised, or where you do not want to produce any smoke. It is a perfect camp oven.
Many families have found a good solar cooker to be a preparedness item that pays for itself quickly, as once they have experienced the tasty, moist and tender results of cooking with it, they use it often, saving on the cost of fuel and of cooling a hot kitchen.
There are many plans online for building solar ovens.
Most, if not all of them are not capable of reaching a cooking temperature above 220 degrees. Fine for soup, but not useful for baking bread or roasting a chicken. The Sun Oven easily reaches cooking temperatures of 350 degrees and higher.
Homemade, or cheaper solar ovens do not have polished reflectors that funnel more sunlight into the cooking chamber. So, on partially cloudy days they are not usable. This oven needs only enough sunlight to cast a shadow in order to work.
Because it can be used on partly cloudy days, your oven can be used more often than other solar ovens, which spreads its cost over many more meals. It can be used as an oven for baking or roasting, or as a slow cooker.
***Part of the proceeds from each Sun Oven sold is used to assist solar cooking in 3rd World Countries.***
See our FREE COOKWARE offer!
- The All American Sun Oven weighs 22lbs. Its dimensions are 19" wide x 19" deep; 14" high
in the back and 8" high in the front.
- The outer shell is made from rugged ABS plastic. The inner shell is made from anodized aluminum.
- The reflectors are made from highly polished anodized aluminum. They will never rust or corrode.
- The cooking chamber door is made from tempered glass.
- The bezel is made from kiln-dried poplar.
- The space between the cooking chamber and the outer layer is filled with thick, food-grade insulation.
- It will reach temperatures of 350-400 degrees in all seasons, as long as there is sunshine.
- It can be used with your regular recipes, as either an oven or a set-and-forget slow cooker.
- Temperatures in the oven rise slowly and evenly, allowing complex carbohydrates time to break
down into simple sugars, emanating subtle natural flavors.
- The even temperatures prevent burning, so you do not need to stir your food while it is cooking.